Thursday, May 2, 2013

come on the risin' wind, we're goin' up around the bend...

I thought a new month would be a good time to restart my old blog, something I've been toying with for a little while. So if you are an old reader, welcome back, and if you are a new reader, welcome.

A new month is also a good time to refresh my hair color, which is exactly what I did yesterday afternoon. I hadn't realized how much it had faded until after it was done. Thankfully, it faded nicely and I was still happy with the color. So I think I will stay with this color for a while, I am enjoying the darker hue.

5.1.13
dress: old navy; cardigan: hand-me-down from great grandmother; flats: american eagle from payless shoes; bandeau: dots; earrings & bracelet: gifts; watch: fossil

I have had this dress for a couple years now, and I love how flowy and comfortable it is. What I don't love is how often I step on it, how often my desk chair rolls over it, and how often I end up ripping it. I have had to sew the bottom ruffle of this dress at least the last 3 times I have worn this... once, in an emergency situation/large rip catastrophe that led me to taking off my dress and hiding in the sewing room here at work and borrowing sewing supplies from the generous teacher. But despite the issues, I'll probably keep this dress until it falls apart.